EVENT: THE 8th ANNUAL SCION JENK’S PRO PRESENTED BY: BUBBAKOO’S BURRITTO’S
Date: Sept 1st-10th 2012
Partners: SCION, BUBBAKOOS, CUSTOM X, PIER SURF, EBODYBOARDING.COM, MARRIOTT HOTELS, TRULY HEMP SUNCARE
The 2012 SCION JENK’S PRO is poised for another great year heading into what is forecasted to be an active Hurricane season. The New Jersey Shore and the town of Point Pleasant will play host to this amazing show down of Bodyboarding once again.
THE SCION JENK’S PRO is the USBA National Tour’s champion deciding event. Two major challengers in the form of the brothers (Dave and Jeff Hubbard) will battle for the Men’s US National Pro Championship Title. The Women’s division has 2x USBA Champion Roberta Bitzer in the lead heading into the last event, however Liana Carson from Big Island will make her first mainland contest appearance at The SCION Jenk’s Pro to Challenge Roberta and the large international. Also Natasha Overin who is a repeat US Open finalist will be making it to the SCION Jenk’s Pro for her first time alongside Liana. In the Amateur division it will be Tanner Mcdaneil and Sammy Morrentino who will be putting all the local NJ riders on the ropes with their masterful skill in beach break surf conditions. Sammy is fresh off his win at the Sandy Beach Pro, taking out the Pro division as an amateur. Will Sammy turn Pro at the SCION Jenk’s Pro? We will have to wait and see.
RIDER: ROBERTA BITZER PHOTO: USBA/WILLIE BARRIO
SCION has taken the initiative to sponsor one local who has the talent to compete against the nations best bodyboarders at this years Jenk’s Pro. This year it was Sean Morin of Point Pleasant Beach NJ who won the online vote to gain the SCION Jenk’s Pro wildcard. The USBA congratulates Sean and looks forward to a good performance by the Jenk’s Beach Local and Lifeguard. From parties with Mix Master Mike ( Former DJ for the Beastie Boys) on to amazing action in the water, The SCION Jenk’s Pro is rounding out to be an amazing event for all who attend.
RIDER: JEFF HUBBARD PHOTO: USBA/WILLIE BARRIO
Jenks Pro schedule of events
· August 31st Early Pro registration and Amateur Registration for all divisions
· September 1st Amateur division’s will start at 7:00am pending surf conditions
· September 2nd Amateur’s will start at 7:00am pending surf conditions
· September 3rd Amateur’s will start at 7:00am pending surf conditions
· September 3rd 4-7pm Pro Late registration for Pro athletes (all must be USBA members to compete)
· September 4th Day 1 of the Men’s Pro & DK Pro division waiting period and start pending surf
· September 5th Day 2 of the Men’s Pro & DK Pro division waiting period
. September 6th Day 1 of the Women’s Pro waiting
· Period pending surf (Women’s Pro will run Sept 6th-9th-) All division can run these days
· September 7th All Pro division on call pending surf
· September 8th All Pro divisions on call pending surf
· September 8th 6pm door open for the Mix Master Mike Jenks Pro event party
· September 9th All Pro divisions on Call, Final day of Women’s Pro waiting period
. September 10th- Final day for Men’s Pro and DK Pro to allow time for surf conditions